Let boys be boys. All they need is a tree to climb, a bug to catch, or a park to run in for hours of endless entertainment. Jack and Milo and I had a blast getting some fresh air on this woodsy photoshoot. We wished on dandelions, spun around, laughed, explored and investigated.
What a great reminder to get outside this summer! Sometimes it's the littles that know best.
What are your favorite outdoor spots in Austin? These are our top 5:
1) Lady Bird Lake - This is one of my favorite places in the entire city. Walk, run, bike, people watch, take the dog, the kids or both. This. is. Austin. You'll get a great view of the city, Zilker Park and the river. There's easy parking on the street by Austin High School or under the Mopac bridge.
2) Mozart's Coffee Roasters - Grab your favorite dessert (there are so many to choose from) and coffee beverage and watch the sunset over Lake Austin on the patio. This spot has a special place in my heart - growing up here it was where I went for late night desserts with my high school girlfriends. Who knew back then that one day I would meet my husband here!
3) Our Neighborhood - I've lived North, South, Central and everywhere in between in this City. One thing I love is exploring right where I live. You might be surprised that there's a lovely neighborhood park right around the corner (that's where this photoshoot happened!). Maybe it's putting a picnic table in your front yard and chatting with your neighbors. I love finding a few spots right around the corner that are easy to get when you are tired after work. I'm always surprised how refreshing a little time outdoors in the evening can be.
4) Mount Bonnell - Grab your favorite plaid blanket, pack a picnic and take a short hike up Mount Bonnell. You can see for miles and miles in every direction. I find myself so often zoomed into the tiniest details of life. I love these places that make you zoom out and literally see the bigger picture. I highly recommend.
5) Turkey Creek Trail at Emma Long Park - I love this trail for many reasons, but mainly because I am a crazy dog momma and our golden retriever Finley can hike with us off leash. We did this trail last fall while the leaves were changing. It's easy to forget you are in the middle of a city out here. It is just out 2222 off City Park Road.
Milo + Jack, thank you for the reminder to spend more time outside. I hope all of your dandelion wishes come true.